The Sweet Potato is an extremely healthy food.
Quick, simple and so easy to make; this delicious soup certainly fits the bill when it comes to healthy eating and can be made a day before it is needed as it will keep 2-3 days in the fridge.
I know it will become a firm favourite for you and your family.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato, Carrot and Leek Soup
- 3 Large sweet potato’s (I use, 1 purple, 1 orange, 1 white) peeled and diced
- 8 large carrots, top and tailed and diced
- 4 Medium leeks, washed and sliced
- 25g Butter
- 800ml Stock, chicken only please
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh Parsley chopped very fine
- 4 Rashers of bacon
- Small tub of plain Greek Yogurt
- In a very large saucepan saute the leeks and parsley for 5 minutes in the butter. Add the stock bringing it to just before boiling point, then add the sweet potato and carrots and simmer until everything is cooked.
- Season the mixture with black pepper, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled soup into a food processor, and liquidise until smooth.
- Place in the Fridge until needed.
- Grill the bacon until crispy, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the desired amount into a saucepan and Gently heat or place in glass jug and heat in microwave.
- Place the soup into the serving bowls and sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top.
- Serve with Fresh, Crusty and warmed through Rye bread.
For more information on the Sweet Potato just go here